Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Way I See The World

There is something very few people know about me… if any. 
On a daily basis I live in an incredibly hyper visual world. 
Sometimes I feel as if God handed me a very special pair of eyes to see the world with before sending me on my way. My eyes take photos literally every 5 seconds.  
Ever since I was a child I see shapes from shadows in the distance.  
Very quickly a distant stop sign is a lion or crumbled stones in a pile are a bent over old man. 
I wish I had the ability to blink and take the photo.

I read somewhere once that photographers actually see the world
differently after a certain number of years looking through the view finder of a camera. 
For me everything slows down, and life really does become a gorgeous 11 x 14 print… 
Everywhere I look.

It definitely stirs my soul.

This year I have committed to myself to realize my photographic visions 
closer to the level of what I actually see with my eyes. 
Part of this is the start of a new series of self portraits. 

I cannot wait to express my visions and stories.

After all… the camera does not lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...